Friday, February 9

V for Virgin Media

So, if all goes according to plan and the installation runs smoothly, I should get home to a shiny new V+ box from Virgin Media today (Virgin Media being formerly known as ntl and/or telewest, of course), which should bring in an age of HDTV into our household (just in time for Doctor Who) along with the ability to record two channels whilst recording a third. 
 
I have been given some confidence by various posts from satisfied customers on the cablehell forums that (finally) cable have got their act together and the service is excellent, although I'm still made slightly nervous by those perennial cable-naysayers who will point to past failings (a lot of these people are very pro Sky though, so who to believe?).
 
Anyway, as long as we have cbeebies installed by about 2pm this afternoon (so Kirstyn can get her fix of "Big Cook Little Cook") all should be well, otherwise I shall get grief, no doubt.
 
Although I also have the joy of cabling the existing Sky installation upstairs this evening to look forward to (as Sky+ is destined to become probably the most expensive commercially available freeview box in the country), should keep me busy for an hour or so tonight anyway.
 
Anyway, am keeping my fingers crossed that, hopefully, my pursuit of thrifty broadband, telephone and HD tv solution will pay off and I will not regret turning my back on Sky (see ya Murdoch) and BT (so long Busby!).  Will keep y'all posted (I know I am a guinea pig "early adopter" for some other interested parties out there).  Laters!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

Did it arrive? Is it nice and shiney? Considering the upgrade myself. But there is a risk some of the Sky channels (Sky One etc) could vanish at the end of the month although only for a short time. They are up for renewal with Sky and the negotiations arent going well so much so Sky have starting running adverts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmlGnOwniw Last time this happened was with Viacom and a group of channels went off cable for a few weeks.

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home