Monday, January 29

Unappreciated

I appear to work in an industry where you're ignored if you do and damned if you don't. 
As you can imagine this has proven to be very demoralising here.  Now, I must admit, I tried my best to dig my heels in and refuse to do the ridiculous amounts of overtime that the "powers that be" demanded (not asked), yet even I weakened occasionally and "went the extra mile" for the company.  But I think I feel more for my colleagues who gave up weekend after weekend, and evening after evening only to be completely ignored when the praise was being handed out at the end of the process.  It's the final kick in the teeth. 
 
it just goes to show it doesn't pay to "go the extra mile" for these faceless corporations and businesses as the extra effort is never appreciated and, indeed, more often than not just becomes what they expect from you as a minimum.. They'll never go "the extra mile" and give you a couple of extra hundred quid in your pay packet if you're coming up a bit short at the end of the month, will they?  No the extra effort always goes one way.  The only thing to do is stick to your guns and stick to your hours, as per your contract of employment.
 
Work has indeed made me a cynic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home