Wednesday, January 24

Work In Progress

Apologies for the "unfinished" look to the blog at the moment, I have changed the template (as you can see), however blogger is proving to be a stroppy madam at the moment and is not allowing me to edit the template's HTML.  So no gamercard at the top of the screen at the moment (which is annoying seeing as I am now dangerously close to the 1000 mark - woohoo!) and I'm afraid no links to Maff's, Pedders' and PJ's blogs (but only Maff posts these days anyway, so hopefully I'll have this sorted before you miss too much external content).
 
So, yeah, will get this sorted at some point today with any luck..
 
Anyway..
 
So binned off Sky last night, they had no comeback ("I'm getting a free HD box, will you offer me the same or will I have to pay £299?"), so serving 30 days notice with them at the mo.   Unfortunately, due to the fact we want to keep the same number, I never got the opportunity to personally bin off BT as Virgin are handling that cancellation, pity as I wanted to tell them that the company's gone downhill since they stuffed and roasted Buzby..  So, V+ arrives on Friday February 9th 2006 and finally the HDMI interface on the telly will be used..  Blinding.
 
Also played "Gears of War" on the 360 last night.. looks awesome, but am so close to possibly finishing "Dead Rising" at the moment, it's not going to get much of an opportunity for a hammering for about a week.  Must finish this game, as it is quite possibly the finest I have EVER played on any console.  Pity as Gears looks absolutely lush..  Ahh well, I'll get round to it

2 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

You are joining the world of Cable? Let us know how it goes? V+ is the new name for NTL+Telewest+Virgin Mobile. I havent got the PVR thing but am interested. Are you getting the TVDrive version (which is already rolled out) or the new V+ one which is just starting to be rolled out and officially get lauched when the whole thing becomes Virgin Media on the 14th Feb?

11:11 am  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

Almost right..
Virgin Media is the new name for NTL+Telewest+Virgin Mobile.
The PVR box is the V+ box and is the same as Sky+ except that you can record two channels whilst watching a third (cannot do this on Sky), and it's HD - which would cost me an additional £299 if I went for Sky HD.
But yes, yes and yes to all those questions.. look out for updates after Friday 9th Feb to see how the transition goes. Fingers crossed!!

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home