Tuesday, February 13

The hunt is on..

Right, I need broadband provider..
This is mainly because I want to dump NTL/Virgin Media/Whoever because of the lousy customer service (no, they never returned my call, and consequently I had to crawl back to Sky last night for my television, they allowed me to get my Sky back once I said "I am a naughty boy for wanting to run away from Rupert Murdoch" ten times). I was going to risk Sky providing my broadband, but after people on here warning me off, I think I should look at the alternatives. So I'm after suggestions..

There are a couple of requirements..

  • It should cost no more than I'm paying now (£24)

  • It should be unlimited downloads (mainly due to the fact that XBox Live demo's can be anywhere between 800Meg and 1.4 Gig)

  • It should have a semi-decent customer service ethic

  • The ADSL Modem needs to be able to connect into my existing wireless routher via a Ethernet cable, this is because my main PC has no wireless capability and I'm loathed to have to go out and buy a wireless adapter just for the switch

  • The ADSL Modem should not connect to the PC via USB (yes, this is re-iterating the point above, but it's an important one


  • So far, only Be internet seem to be "fitting the bill", but I'm open to suggestions.

    Any info appreciated

    1 Comments:

    Blogger DrLargePants said...

    Plusnet is good. I dont think there is anyone who offers truely unlimited downloads anymore.

    Mine is supposed to be unlimited but it has a fair use of 20 gig (I think) peaktime per month.

    10:27 am  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home