Monday, March 7

W.O.W

So there's a new craze in the office, and I'm being encouraged to join in, but am doing a good job of resisting so far..
A few of our team now seem to be spending a ridiculous amount of time playing this new online game, "World of Warcraft". Now it would appear that the Warcraft series of games have moved on from the days when it used to be a poor man's "Command and Conquer" (which is the last time I played/saw it really).
No.. now the game has become some sort of MMORPG - which, apparently, is an acronym for "Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game". Honestly. And people have a go at Computer Industry Acronymns?
Anyway, I keep on being dragged into conversations about how one person is a level twenty one, whilst someone else is only a level seven.. And then there's other chats about how someone has a snake as a pet (although this is purely decorative) and somebody else has a mechanical squirrel (WTF?)
Anyway there's been people who have dedicated 6 days of gaming time (real time) to this thing in the last two weeks. And these people work too! How do they find the time? I barely get time these days to check my mail and update this blog (sporadically) but other people seem to have an infinite amount of time to spend in front of a PC slaying orcs and creating mechanical squirrels!!!
I think I need to get a DeLorean if I'm to find that many hours in any given day..
Kinda looks interesting though..
If only I was a student again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home