Monday, February 21

Oh what memories

My very good friend Dr Magnetic, was good enough to evoke happy memories in me today. You see, when I was doing my degree in Brum, there was only one place to head after the clubs shut and we all got booted out onto the cold, windy streets. The taxi rank? Well, ultimately, yes I suppose, but before we considered the journey back to digs we had to grab some grub.. mainly to soak up the vast quantities of alcohol supped (Oh I recall the days when the first question out of you inside the club was "what bottles are on special offer tonight?" - why the fuck else did we end up drinking Molson all night?), but also because we needed to keep the evening going, just for a bit longer, before bedways was rightways and the inevitable hangover kicked in..
Some may have headed to the kebab shop - they had no class.
Some may have headed to McDonalds - they had no tastebuds.

We headed to Mr. Egg where one could purchase Egg and.. well Egg and anything really(Sausage, Egg & Chips, etc, etc) for just about a quid (they say now it's been increased to £1.50 but this is still a bargain). The interior decor (if I recall correctly, it was always hazy when I got in there) was all yellow and white and a huge fried egg hung from the ceiling. It was pure class.. cheap as chips, huge amounts of greasy grub on your plate (what more could you ask for?) and superb banter..

Must get back to brum just to dine there if for no other reason..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home