Wednesday, February 23

A Brave New World

Okay the title's a bit pretentious..
Maybe it's the blizzard of epic proprtions outside the window that inspired me to be a little up my own arse this morning, but the snow really is coming down as I write this.. Big, white fluffy flakes descending in their thousands, it's like there's been an explosion in a nearby cotton wool ball factory. And there's no fucking wind today, so these heavy snow clouds are gonna hang about for quite some time by the looks of things. Oh joy of joys.

Anyway, just wanted to nip on and say how much I enjoyed seeing The Bravery last night. Due to the fact that I'd forgotten I was seeing that gig, I had no time to get MP3s of them, or do any research (I went on the recommendation of my friend Matt - who know's his apples when it comes to breakthrough bands, so when he speaks you listen, right?) so I walked into the gig cold. It's very rare that a band can impress me live without me hearing any of their material beforehand, but The Bravery did (and I realised halfway through that I had actually heard "An Honest Mistake" somewhere before). Have to see if they have an album now. Good to see all the old regulars out for a beer and a gig last night too -been too long (my fault, I know), muchos enjoyed though!!

Also thanks to Sky+ and everyone not texting me last night so I could go home and watch us spank Leverkeusen last night as if it was live. 3 - 1? Never did I dare to dream (given injuries and recent performances) that we could have pulled that out of our arses!! Joy! Fabulous evening all round then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home