Monday, February 28

Lessons to be learned

If a film is advertised a lot (and I mean a LOT) on the television it's probably either a)a blockbuster or b)shite (and the latter is most likely)..
This lesson I learnt the hard way over the weekend as I went to see "Hide And Seek". Now it had promise as it starred old Bobby DeNiro (or Bob as I like to call him), and Elisabeth Shue (who I've not seen in a movie for fecking ages), but in reality it was pants.. and if you're not going to see it then

+ + SPOILER SECTION + +

it'll be no skin off your nose to learn that it's Robert DeNiro who's a fucking barnpot going round killing the cat and everything.. but this "twist" has been done to death now (good guy is actually the bad guy but doesn't realise it because he's an insomniac or schizophrenic or just mental) and it's been done much, much better..
Rent Fight Club again (even if you own it) and watch that because it's a million times better even when you know what's coming..

+ + END OF "SPOILER" SECTION + +

In short, avoid.

And just what does Martin Scorsese have to do to get a fucking Oscar? The Aviator rocked, although he should have got Oscars for Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas if you ask me. Hollywood really is bullshit isn't it.. at least I didn't stay up last night to watch it, as I would have been fuming come five o'clock this morning..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home