Thursday, September 23

Fetch the aspirin and the orange juice

It was bound to happen..
I have a bit of a sore throat..
I keep on sneezing..
Yup, it looks like I'm getting the first cold of the winter season, literally days before I go on holiday. Well it's not beating me that easily. I don't care if I have to step out into the sun drugged up to the eyeballs on Benylin and Lemsip (neither of which taste half as nice a Calpol and Tixylix used to, but never mind), I am going to chill in the fine Spanish weather for a week (or not chill, as the case may be, if I'm running a dangerously high temperature!!!)..
Bastard, though eh?
You just begin to contemplate that fact that you have a week off work to look forward to and nature's strikes you down with an annoyingly snotty nose and a tickly throat.
Never thought that "Puede por favor usted directo yo al químico más cercano pues tengo una nariz muy que moquea" might be the most handy phrase I'd have to learn before I departed, always imagined it would be "El camarero, ahora envía por favor sobre otro litro de vodka, salto a él" although I'm sure the latter will still come in handy at some point ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home