Friday, September 17

Blockbuster update and the Return of Babs

Regular readers of this blog ('ello mum!) will know I am trying out the free month's trial of Blockbuster's rental by mail service. The key word there of course is free. Cheap as chips. And to be fair, they got off to something of a shaky start (the first disk that arrived failed miserably to play all the way through, another disk went A.W.O.L for nearly a week, turning up unfashionably late). However, it looks like they're getting it sorted now.. Two more disks arrived promptly yesterday, and they both worked.. so you can almost say I'm getting value for money..
We'll see if this upward trend continues or if they bollock up the next round of movies.. any one want to make any bets?

Also Peggy Mitchell turned up again in Eastenders last night -yes I know I should know better than to watch that shite, but it's the only soap that's still got me gripped. It's kind of like people who want to quit smoking, but can't. They get to the end of each cigarette and wonder why the hell they lit it up in the first place, they didn't enjoy it but cannot resist having another ciggie a few hours later regardless.. Well I get to the end of an episode and, more often than not, wonder why the hell I watched it, I didn't enjoy it, but then the next Monday at 8p.m. I'm sat in front of Beeb 1 whilst the signature tune blares out regardless. Sad, but true.
Anyway, where was we? Oh aye, Peggy. Just how long was she out of that show for? They seemed to spend half the fucking episode pointing out every plot point that had happened in the last x number of months (Kat nearly marrying Andy, Little Mo & Billy splitting up, etc, etc). Had she been gone for chuffing ages? Or, in true soap stylee, has absolutely loads of tragedy and joy befallen the residents of Albert Square in a relatively short space of time??
I need answers.

1 Comments:

Blogger SilentBazz said...

LOL!
Christ what a geeky reference that was..
That was a ropey Eastwood film if ever I saw one!

4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home