Tuesday, September 21

A small serving of humble pie..

So Amazon finally got my Star Wars DVD box set to me today, only a day late and I guess it was a blessing in disguise. Knowing me, I'd have got in last night after the match and thought: "Hmmm.. well maybe I'll just have a look at a couple of the extras." and before I'd known it, it would have been three o'clock in the morning (or some other rediculous time in the a.m.), I'd have got fuck all sleep and I'd have been shit at work all day..
Instead, I came on the internet, whinged for a bit and then went to bed, got a half decent night's sleep (for a change).
Whether I was shit or not at work is for others to comment on!!! ;)
But.. the trilogy DVD arrived today
Wow!
I've spent most of the evening just going through the extra's disc (didn't even get a chance to look at the movies yet!) and it's a fabulous package so far..
Just finished up watching the two and a half hour documentary on the making of the trilogy: "Empire of Dreams", and it's great and even contains bloopers that I thought Lucas would be far too up his own ass to ever show. Yeah, there's a lot of back-slapping going on, and some of the slightly negative stories are glossed over or, more often than not, missed out together (where, for example, is the tale of George Lucas screaming "You're ruining my movie" at Empire's Director, Irvin Kershner, before going and re-editing Empire completely so that it lost much of the humour, characterisation and the subtle love story between Han & Leia (thankfully this was before the days before Lucas was surrounded by "Yes" men, and they convinced him to go with Kershner's version of the flick)). Skywalking by Dale Pollock is a great book for a slightly more balanced view, if you're interested.
Know what was weird though?
I kinda forgot, whilst watching that documentary (which is full of clips of the movie as you might expect), that Episode's I & II had ever come out and I was actually looking forward to watching the original trilogy again (even if I will grimace through the Special Edition changes).
So this is me eating a bit of humble pie, I guess, as, if nothing else, I cannot remember the last time I was looking forward to seeing Star Wars again - so well worth the asking price!

1 Comments:

Blogger SilentBazz said...

Cheaper on Amazon, mate 26.99 inc delivery.
The phrase you're looking for is CANCEL!!
You knows it

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home