Wednesday, March 21

The Tax Man Cometh

So the race is on..

I have to get my car tax sorted before the fat bastard who lives next to Tony Blair announces his budget this afternoon. And I find myself having to make a mad dash to the post office to get this all sorted. Have I got a valid new-style MOT certificate? Yup. Have I got current insurance? Check. Hang on don't the DVLA offer the chance to purchase the tax disc online? Yes, yes they do. Indeed havn't you used the online service before, in the past? That's right, I have.

However for some reason, probably only known to the DVLA themselves, the online service will not process my appliacation (and I have tried this two days running now). No matter how many times I submit the reference number provided to me, and step through the stages on the website, can I get a tax disc? Can I fuck. The bastards. So I am forced to storm to the nearest post office and queue with the pensioners and the dole scum before fatty Brown puts the prices up. What a massive faff. If the online service wasn't available, this wouldn't bother me. If I'd not used the online service in the past then I doubt I'd be arsed. However it completely fucks me off when stuff just doesn't work when it should.

The SWINES!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DVLA seem to have charged people's credit cards twice for online tax renewals. They haven't yet gone round to refunding these, but that might explain why their website, and telephone lines are "down" for essential maintenance - basically they don't want to answer all the complaints they are getting.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home