Saturday, March 17

Tour "De Force"

So after much refreshing at two minutes to the hour, and after spending a king's ransom on tickets, I am finally going to see The Police live. The opportunity to do so looked all dead and buried a mere seven days ago when tickets for the first date in Manchester sold out before I could get my grubby mits on them, but this week I was prepared, determined and ready. So on Tuesday 16th October, me and my wife will be enjoying an evening with the recently reformed Police.

And you know, I'm really looking forward to it. Until today, I hadn't listened to albums like "Regatta De Blanc" and "Zenyetta Mondatta" (the latter always being my favourite album the band recorded, a view I still hold today) for years, mainly due to the fact that I have nothing to play my vinyl on anymore, and partially due to the fact that I never "got around" to buying a "Greatest Hits" compilation (mental, I know).

Aside from the obvious singles ("Walking on the Moon", "Message In A Bottle", "Don't Stand Too Close To Me"), album tracks like "On Any Other Day", "The Bed's Too Big Without You", "Driven to Tears" and "Voices Inside My Head" are just phenomenal. And whilst I don't hold out too much hope of hearing these live, it was good to revisit my youth (I was five or six when these albums were released) and also realise that these songs still sound fucking incredible thirty years on.

Roll on October, I cannot wait

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home