Tuesday, January 23

Second Class Post

Actually there's been nothing "Second Class" about the posts round here recently, they've simply been non-existent!  For unknown reasons I have just lacked the necessary inspiration to write anything for the last couple of days.. not to mention the time.
 
And this is despite the Mighty Reds seeing off Chavski at the weekend (which was one of those games that justify turning up every other week).
 
However, now I'm back.. feels good to be back in the ol' blog environment, kinda like pulling on a favourite pair of pants.
 
Anyhoo..
Today's that day I finally get to tell Mr Murdoch to "get stuffed".
 
Now I have long been an advocate of Sky+ as it really has been a fantastic gadget, but always in the back of my mind I've felt uncomfortable funding Rupert Murdoch's evil media empire.  But, until recently there was no viable alternative:  Freeview (or compression vision, as it's sometimes known) is a bit pants really (no Sky One? Are you mad?), and cable had no equivalent to the Sky+ box). 
 
And let me tell you, telly becomes quite important when there's not many babysitters around and you cannot go out on the razz as much as you used to due to the little 'uns asleep upstairs (not that I'm complaining, it's just a matter of fact.. this is the price of responsibility, I guess). 
 
So when I got a letter through yesterday telling me that Virgin had taken over NTL -they've become "Virgin Media"- and were now offering not only V+ (which is Sky plus for cable) but also telling me that V+ is HD out of the box (whereas Sky want me to pay £299 to upgrade my Sky+ (which I paid £149 for anyway) to HD), and they can do my telly, phone and broadband (with no drop in the level of service for us personally) for £20 cheaper a month, I'd be mad not to consider it.  After all V+ does all the things that Sky+ does, and arguably it's a wee bit better (record two channels whilst watching a third is an obvious bonus, as is getting all the 4On Demand stuff (apart from the Box Office movies) for free).
And I get to bin off BT too.. marvellous.
Still have a few techy questions, but I reckon today's the day I finally tell Sky to get stuffed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home