Thursday, January 11

Cutting up a bit rough

Blimey the weather is awful today, isn't it?
It's blowing a blummin' gale out there.
 
All you could hear on this morning's traffic reports were tales of overturned lorries (both directions on the M6, that just has to suck), and motorways like the M62 being closed to high-sided vehicles due to 80 mile per hour gusts of wind. 
 
Of course, I only find out about these things now that I've finally dumped Radio 1. 
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I was getting very tired of hearing the same three tunes on the drive in and again on the way home, five days a week.  Even if I hated a song, I still managed to be subjected to it twenty times a week!!!  So I had to seek out an alternative..
 
Commercial radio was out as you have tend to have the same problem with such stations (except you're likely to hear the same song forty times a week, in-between lame adverts for double glazing similarly repeated ad nauseum) and I don't have a DAB radio in the car so there was only one thing for it:  Radio Five Live. 
 
Now I feel frightfully informed on my drive in and home each day, as I get the major issues of the day in five minute bite-size chunks (Why are our energy bills continuing to rise when wholesale energy costs have fallen 50% in the last six months, for example).  It's all good.
 
But, yeah, the weather..
We seem to be stuck in this perpetual spring/autumn weather system now, don't we?  We've not really had a winter this year, it's been either very mild or a tumultuous storm, and I cannot think of many morning's at all when the temperature's even dropped near zero.  Strange times indeed..

2 Comments:

Blogger DrLargePants said...

Have you managed to switch off traffic announce on your radio again ?

9:52 am  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

You don't get them on Medium Wave, mate..

But I did switch them off as they annoyed the piss out of me as I got traffic alerts from about five different counties

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home