Thursday, January 18

Burning a hole in my pocket..

So, yeah, on Monday I had yet another birthday (I must be getting old now, these birthday's seem to be coming round a lot faster these days, blink and I'll miss my 40th!).. Yay, happy birthday me and all that.. 
And, as it's so close to Xmas and I can never think of anything I really want, I asked for some Amazon vouchers..
 
So rather than getting me a gift, everyone (apart from the Mrs and the kids as they wanted me to have something to physically "open" on the day) got me some Amazon vouchers, which was fabulous.
 
Except, despite the fact that I know they won't expire for 12 months, I have this overwhelming urge to go spend 'em.
 
Like, now..
 
Must.. spend.. vouchers..
 
My original intention was to hold off a couple of months until I'd finally finished "Dead Rising" and then go get a new game for the 360, something new and fresh.  After all the games tend to be quite expensive so I should probably get as far as I possibly can in one game before getting another.
 
But ever since I got back I've been scouring the recommendations pages and the "Coming Soon" pages on Amazon to try and find something to splurge out on with my vouchers.
 
Should I get "Gears of War"? 
How about "Lost Planet"? 
Perhaps I should go for something completely wacky like "Viva PiƱata"? 
Or maybe I should hold off until something really amazing comes out that I simply must have (Resident Evil 5 is not long away!)...
 
Decisions.. decisions..
 
At least my dilemma is continuing to help me ignore Celeb BB. 
I deleted it from my Sky+ planner before we went away, and when I picked up a paper on the flight home I saw all this furore about racial abuse in the house, and I have seem to heard of nothing else since. 
Every news bulletin, every discussion show on five live.. Big Brother this, Big Brother that..
Burning effigies in India, the Prime Minister being questioned about the show -madness.
I don't know whether the alleged comments were made, or if this has all been a massive ploy by Endemol to restore flagging ratings.  Whatever.. I think they've ruined the format this year, and whatever has happened the show has become distasteful.  Life is better without it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home