Wednesday, June 28

My head's battered, but I'm still upright

Blog updates are a bit erratic at this moment, aren't they? 

This is because my ability to write anything coherent for the blog relies on me having had sufficient sleep and this week I am way down on the old slumber quota, I'm afraid.  Kirstyn decided to wake up for a feed (noisily, I might add) at about 2:30 in the morning on Monday night/Tuesday morning and then decided not to go back to sleep.  At all.  Well not until about ten to seven anyway.  Consequently my head has felt like it is full of cotton wool for the last two days.  Quite how I managed to drive on the motorway, when all the other cars had exhaustion-induced vapour trails I'll never know.  But I did.  And I got a bit more sleep last night, so despite still be quite exhausted I now can -just about- operate a keyboard competently.

So for the first time in nineteen days I am faced with the prospect of having no football to look forward to.  Boo.. and, indeed, hiss.  I'd got quite used to watching at least two matches a day, and find it quite an irritation that I will be deprived today.  It's been quite an exciting tournament so far with world-record numbers of yellow and red cards in a single match, diving Dutchmen, cheating Italians and England have yet to be knocked out, so all in all not bad at all.  Could there be any potential upsets in the next couple of games though?  Could the French knock out the Brazilians?  Could ze Germans overpower Argentina?  Could the Italians beat Ukraine fair and square without having to dive for a dodgy penalty?  Time will tell..

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pedders said...

whoa! cheating Italians? Stereotype alert here. Have you been talking to Angelos? Are you telling me if any other player was in the same position they would've done different?

12:07 pm  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

I said nothing about the player..
However, I'd imagine the ref had probably been nobbled beforehand, apparently this kind of behaviour is commonplace in Italian football ;)

p.s. WTF has Angelos got to do with this? Is he Australian?

3:54 pm  
Blogger Pedders said...

Its speculation at the moment but the alleged nobbling is by some dodgy club directors (Juventus, Lazio, possibly Milan, Firenze)- no players and no other clubs (who are a bit pissed off), but that is local to Italy and they will get whats coming to them...

Angelos was big on 'cheating Italy' (and big on biscuits ;) in the last world cup and came along with some cronies to take the piss when I was watching it - he didn't like it when he got a taste of his own medicine, funny that innit?

4:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home