Sunday, June 18

Father's Day

No, no not the episode of "Doctor Who" from series One where Rose travels back in time to the moment her father was killed by a hit-and-run driver (although that is a good episode).

No, today is father's day, so I have been lavished with gifts (F.A. Cup final DVD and Chocolate Orange to mention but two) and cards this morning and have had my breakfast made for me. Of course later today, I am doing the traditional father's day thing of dumping the kids on the Grandparents whilst we bugger off to watch the Foo Fighters -yay!

Tis kind of a bittersweet father's day though as this week my parents left these shores to take up permanent residence in Spain. This departure date had been a long time coming, and was further delayed by the arrival of their first grand-daughter, and it was hard to see them go as I feel like there's still so much I need to learn from them, particularly about being a parent. My Dad made being a father look like a doddle, it came so naturally to him - and as a Grandfather he's even more accomplished. And when I look at my Dad, particularly when he's cradling my daughter and he's chatting away to her and she's staring back at him transfixed, I really hope that I can do at least half as good a job as he did. No doubt about it though, he's a tough act to follow!

Anyway, Happy Father's Day, y'all



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home