Monday, June 19

Foo-king brilliant

Once again, the Foo Fighters put on a killer gig. Dave Grohl never fails to look like he's having an absolute party on stage and his enthusiasm never fails to inspire a big reaction from the crowd. It was a good set with new tunes ("In your honor" being a surprise opener for me, I thought they'd start with something punchier off the new album like "No Way Back" -but that came later), old tunes ("This Is A Call") and all the favourites inbetween (including "The One" - top tune).

What amazed me most last night though is the number of people there who didn't know anything before "There is nothing left to lose". I thought "Monkey Wrench" was the quintessential Foo's track, but so few people seemed to know it (because it's off "The Color and The Shape", probably), and even fewer seemed to know the "rant" near the end of the track (which is the top audience participation part of the gig, I always thought anyway..). Shame. So for the benefit of any Foo newbies ("noobs"?) who are thinking of heading out to the gig without knowing the following lyrics, this is what you need to learn (and, er, shout loudly):


"One last thing before I quit
I never wanted any more than I could fit
Into my head I still remember every single word
You said and all the shit that somehow came along with it
Still there's one thing that comforts me since I was
Always caged and now I'm free"


It was almost as bad as seeing Slayer at the Download festival with Sean and seemingly only the two of us knowing about the "Fucking Hell" in Chemical Warfare!!

Anyway top, top, top concert!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home