Wednesday, January 26

It took you to make me see the light

If you go to nin.com these days there's a really cool "Access" section where Trent post replies to fans' questions..
It gets updated with the sporadic regularity normally associated with a certain blog site (ahem!), but is "words from the horses mouth" as it were, so is a great place to cut through all the shite and rumour one often finds doing the rounds on the internet and the music press..
The latest update made me realise just how fucking much I am looking forward to seeing NIN live again:

"Question Submitted by Buddy:
Who is in the band, and why? Why has it seemed so difficult to find the
right people?

Response from Trent:
The lineup is now complete and correct: Alessandro Cortini, Jerome
Dillon, Aaron North and Jeordie White. I am very excited about this and we
fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the
band to be a departure and now it truly is.

Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right
guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill
Robin's shoes. When Aaron walked through the door he pissed on Robin's
shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong - effectively closing a
chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new
entity that feels very fresh and vital.

We are preparing to destroy you."


Does this mean that we may be treated to renditions of "March of the Pigs", "Gave up" and "Wish" that are gonna be even more brutal than we witnessed at the Brixton Academy on 1st December 1999??

Fuck.
I hope so.

And I keep telling myself.. "I'm not getting too close to the front, I am after all getting on a bit"

Think pinion was only halfway through before that resolve went out the window last time!

joy! joy! joy!


Watching the hole it used to be mine
Just watching it burn in my steady systematic decline
Of the trust I will betray
Give it to me I throw it away
After everything I’ve done I hate myself for what I’ve become


To coin a phrase, "Fuck yeah!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home