Monday, January 31

Another week begins

Mondays
Bloody, blummin' Mondays.
The longest possible point from the weekend to come..
Grim.

Still, today went quickly and I managed to get a lot of work done which is impressive for any other day of the week, and bordering on fucking miraculous this early in the week.

And, thankfully, its the beginning of my last full week in work for a bit as next week I am buggering of out of this cold, damp, horrible climate to Cyprus for a week.. And I'll be away from work for a week too which is always a bonus.
Not sure just how much better the weather will be when we actually get there but as long as I see a bit of sun I know it will do me the world of good. At the moment I tend to leave home in the dark and arrive back home in twilight.. I feel like a bit of a cave dweller as it's been so long since I felt the sun on my face. Christ I know why lots of animals hibernate for the winter. I mean, come on, in the autumn you start gathering food (well I could fill the car up with lots of tinned stuff from that new, spangly Tesco's they've just opened down the road from me), find a mate (check) and then shack up and don't leave the house for three to four months and only venture out when you don't require two pairs of undergarments to stop your knackers from deep freezing.
Sounds idyllic.
We humans pat ourselves on the back for all the things we've achieved, but you have to give it to the animal kingdom for keeping it simple and keeping it real, don't you?
Anyway, four more sleeps until the weekend - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home