Sunday, September 26

Rejoice! Rejoice!

Praise Be.
Hallelujah.
And thy Sky Website said unto me - "Verily, thine installation of the righteous Sky+ system shalt commence on the Sabbath, Sunday 26th September.." And lo, so it came to pass that on the Sabbath, the prophecy was fulfilled and fucketh me if it is not shite hot!

Isn't it just nice when technology works? And it just meets expectations? At the moment I'm sure I've not got any benefit out of having Sky+ installed yet (although I have got all my Eastenders and Mutant X episodes set up to record whilst I'm away, a process that took something stupid like six key presses) but I'm sure I'll soon wonder how the hell I got along without it. I mean, for example, I'll be recording the Spanish Footy tonight whilst I'm out and the luddites may well argue "well you could have programmed your VCR to do that" and they're right. But programming your VCR was such a ball ache: You had to hunt out a tape, work out what was on it, rewind/fast forward it to the correct position, program the fucking thing and then, additionally, program the Sky to come on at the same time as well as stopping anyone else from watching anything else on Sky at that time in case it fucked up your recording. All I did just now was look through the EPG, noticed that the Spanish footy was gonna be on later (and it's a Barcelona game so I'm anticipating lots of silky skills from Ronaldihno) and press the "R" button and I know it's done. Fabulous. And if my housemate wants to watch another channel, then he can. It's just so convenient.
Pausing live TV rocks too.. unfortunately I only had the Portsmouth v Toffee-Shite game to muck about with it, but being able to pause, rewind and fast-forward through the action almost made it an enjoyable ninety minutes!
I'm sold on it. It's a great system. I'd recommend it to anyone (particularly at the moment while it's cheap too!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home