Monday, November 27

Q: How do you get a baby astronaut to sleep?

A: Rocket..

Boom! Boom!
Ahh the genius that is Basil Brush.

How do you get a normal baby to sleep is more of a pressing issue at home. Our little cherub is nearly six months old now and yet still will wake up at least twice during the night.. And more often than not, the second time she wakes up (any time between 5:30am - 6) she refuses to go back to sleep. Unsurprisingly Liz, who is bearing most of this nocturnal burden due to the fact that I need to get to work during the week, is beginning to show the signs of having six months of infant-induced sleep deprivation. I try and do as much as I can, but working 40-odd hours a week and needing some sleep to support that, I do tend to feel a tad helpless at times.

So between that, and the fun at work at the moment, there is no refuge where things are "normal" and, as a result, feel a bit mental myself. Alcohol abuse has got me through the weekend but for the sake of my liver and the organs around it, I really need to cut this shit out.

I'm praying for Christmas at the moment, the yuletide festivities will probe to be a welcome distraction from the current stresses and strains, and also will give forth two weeks off - joy.

Right, well little 'uns settled for about five hours now.. so I'll sign off..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home