Friday, November 24

24 hours later..

Still convinced I did the right thing last night by emailing out my CV, so I guess it cannot be the wrong thing, can it? After all I've slept on the decision, I have been back into work, and have calmed down (a tad, although not completely), and it still feels right. So I must be right.

I never knew until yesterday that the company I worked for had so little regard for the people they employ. In fact "little regard" is a tad weak, contempt for the people they employ would be closer to the mark. And that's what pushed me over the edge.. I know work has been a bit shite for a while, but I always thought that I could bimble along, doing my job and both parties involved in this "contract of employment" would be happy.. that would seem not to be the case..

Despite it being 24 hours later, I am still being threatened by "the messenger" that I will feel the full wrath of the HR Director if I refuse to give up my free time and come in and bail out the company that holds me in such contempt. Bring it on, I say.. If they make it that difficult for me to work there, then I shall seek advice from a solicitor about where I stand.. An industrial tribunal wouldn't look kindly on their bullying tactics.

It's a shame it's come to this, and I felt bad about having to send out the CV last night (it took 4 cans of lager, and two very large brandies to dig me out of the melancholy state I got myself into).. It's not something I do lightly.. but, sincerely, fuck 'em if that's their stance

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger DrLargePants said...

There is fuck all they can do, they can't force you to work overtime, and the can't sack you with out a reason. If they try and force you out its constructive dismisal.

You can fulfill your contractual obligations for as long as you want ;-)

12:45 am  
Blogger Pedders said...

If a company wants you out it will do it by fair means or foul and its up to you to prove it that they fucked you over.

Speaking from horrible experience here!

If its that bad you made a good move sending out your CV (even if Tim nice but dim is as much use as a chocolate teapot)

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd become a contractor if I was you...

9:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home