Wednesday, September 13

3 Days and counting..

Three?
Three!!!
Blummin' three!?

After nineteen months of planning, the amount of time until this wedding arrives seems to be running out very quickly all of a sudden.

But it was quite a productive weekend wedding-wise, and I think pretty much everything's in place now so that all I need to do at this point is turn up. 

One small matter still outstanding is the speech.. 
Oh, no, it is written and everything, I'm just not looking forward to getting up and speaking in front of eighty eight assembled guests (thankfully, two have dropped out, I mean if I'd had to deliver the speech in front of ninety people I'd have been petrified). 

The speech itself, I think, is ok - I'm just not sure I'm going to be very good at delivering it.  To quote Harrison Ford's rant at George Lucas during the filming of Star Wars:  "You can type this shit, but you can't say it!"

Also, I just don't have one of those voices that lends itself well to speech delivery (really I think you need to sound like Simon Callow or Brian Blessed or at the very least be RSC trained).  I know this for sure as, in an attempt to commit the speech to memory, I have recorded it onto CD and now have it on in the car when I'm driving to and from work and, at best, I sound like a DJ on hospital radio.  TrĂ©s cheesy.  It will get a laugh from the audience, I'm sure.. ..but for all the wrong reasons.

I think I'll get the page boys to hold up cards with "Laughter" on them so the audience know when the humour has been delivered, it's the only way this speech is not going to die on it's arse methinks!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home