Wednesday, May 17

"a Baz post of old."

In response to my post I made earlier today, PJ commented that :"Wow, this is like a Baz post of old. Dude just remember you could be back working with us and suffering abuse from my camera..." [oh, and it's two fucking z's - Ed]

Which kinda got me thinking, you know, I've been doing this blogging thing for quite some time now (there was a blog before the Blogger days you know!). What exactly is a "Baz" post of old?

I didn't know.

So I decided to raid the archives, and find out what kind of post I was writing two years ago.. So let's have a look at Monday 17th May 2004:


"Summer's here and the time is right..
Hasn't it been a fabby weekend? And today was pretty splendid too (well what I saw of it through the office window, anyway). Could Summer possibly be here? I know, I know.. ne'er cast a clout 'til May is out, and all that bollocks, but you have to admit it's looking promising. It's beer garden weather and no mistake. Was absolutely splendid being sat outside Hanrahans this evening, cold pint in one hand, fag in the other and the sun blazing down on us. Quality. I definitely approve of the Summer evenings. If it carry's on like this, I may be forced to go out and buy a barbeque. Anyone up for some steak?"


Silentbazz looks out the window.
The weather is shit.
How times change.
(The fags have gone, though - score on for progress!)


"Panini
The sticker album is coming along. Trying to enter into the spirit of completing my Euro 2004 sticker album. Rather than rushing out and buying huge amounts of packets of stickers, am trying to limit myself. And I have my first swap! Anyone need Milan Baros?"


No one wants Milan Baros.
Not even Aston fucking Villa want Milan Baros.
Time's changing again.. Although I have had a panini for my lunch (spooky huh). I bought it from baguettes by the way, so the elephants were right!


"And in other news..
Well there ain't a lot to be fair.. life's just bimbling along in quite a pleasant fashion. I realised over the weekend I had nothing really to moan about (or swear about - and anyone who's known me for longer than five minutes -particularly in the work environment - knows that this is indeed some achievement!) and this is quite odd.. not used to life dealing me a fair hand of cards.. just waiting now for some fucker to burst my bubble.. Sadly it can only be a matter of time. Still, make hay whilst the sun shines and all that.. I finally got my own desk in work today, so I have finally have my own space. This means that the Dilbert calendar and the L.F.C mousemat are once again taking pride of place near the ole' PC. Funny how a few things like that can make a place finally feel familiar."


Whereas, two years on here I am (impatiently) awaiting probably the biggest news day of my life. And I can still find things to moan and swear about, on an almost daily basis!!

So time has changed me, I reckon..

Indeed.

Time...marches
Time...marches
On without us all, never stops, yes

Time...marches
Time...marches
On and on and on, flies eternally

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home