Monday, May 15

There's calm after the storm too..

It's been a tumultuous couple of weeks really..

But it's a tad calmer now..
 
I'm glad that life has quietened down a bit now.  I know this is only a brief respite, but I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts as this past weekend finally drained the last bit of emotional energy from my carcass as I saw possibly one of the most exciting matches (although not for all the right reasons) I've ever been lucky enough to attend.  Going two nil down (to the sloppiest of goals), clawing two back, then conceding another before Gerrard's wonder-strike in the dying seconds.  And then.. penalties! Argh!  Three fantastic saves from Reina (who just about made up for his shocking performance during normal time) and Stevie G lifting the cup. 

Elation.

If there was an I-Spy book of human emotions, I would have ticked every single box. 

And, of course, this all came off the back of the relief of being able to go to Cardiff in the first place after the previous weekend spent in hospital wondering if little 'un was about to make an appearance (and I was still half-expecting a text message five minutes into the first half saying: "Help! I'm in labour".  Thankfully it never materialised).

So after two weeks of drama it was extremely nice to spend a very quiet day at home doing bugger all yesterday.  I'm sure it's what Sunday was made for!

But what's going on with this weather? 
I thought we heading into the second half of May (with June only a couple of weeks round the corner) but somehow it looks outside like we're heading back to March.  I shall be recommending my unborn son or daughter to hang on in there for a bit and wait for some sunshine.  After all, nobody wants to be born on a drizzly day, do they?

Cannot go without applauding Doctor Who once again, a truly magnificent episode, I think I like the return of the Cybermen even more than I liked the return of the Daleks.  Cannot wait for part two - superb viewing.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SilentBazz said...

Bollocks..
Is that what that meant..?

I thought it was a spell checker.

Hang on

7:11 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home