Tuesday, May 16

The Best Thing On Channel 4

Now I could argue that "Lost" is the best thing on Channel 4, but impatience drove me to download the latest series of the show from that States after the cliff-hanger at the end of series one. So I don't watch Channel 4 for "Lost"..

So, in my humble opinion, the best show on Channel 4 has to be "My Name Is Earl".

Now I was always going to watch this show, mainly because I have been a fan of Jason Lee's since he popped up in Kevin Smith's "Mallrats" as Brodie Bruce. But even I didn't anticipate how funny this show would be. For those who've not seen it, a former low-life criminal finally decides (after getting hit by a car immediately after winning the lottery) that bad things happen to him because he's been a bad person. It's all karma. So he decides to make a list of all the bad things he's ever done and put them right "to be a better person".
It's a genius show, full of clever and slapstick humour and I cannot believe that it's not a bigger show over here (but no-one seems to be talking about it).

Lee plays White Trash just a little bit too well in my opinion and the moustache he sports as Earl is almost a character in it's own right. In short, if you've not seen it, watch this show. It's on Friday night around 10pm and it's brilliant. You won't regret it. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home