Wednesday, May 17

Lull

It seems at the moment that life is dragging it's heels..

Although we're not quite in the hard shoulder, life's definitely in the slow lane right now and it's barely getting out of third gear.  It could be that I now notice the passage of time with a little more clarity due to the complete and utter absence of alcohol in my system.  It could be that with over two weeks to go to the World Cup, the FA Cup won and only the minor distraction of the Champions League final to see me through (although I hope Arsenal snot Barca this evening), life without footy seems a bit drab (I hate the off season).  It could be that work continues to become even more pointless, thankless and bureaucratic, filled with too many chiefs and not enough indians (again!! Why does this always happen!?) and an abundance of red tape that prevents any genuine progress from being made.  It could be that, despite being May, the weather continues to be dull, cold, rainy and generally just a bit shit.  Or it could be that everything just feels like it's "on hold" whilst we await the arrival of the baby.

Whatever.

Whatever it is, it is making it increasingly difficult to drag myself out of bed on any given day.  Particularly so if it is a working day.  The biggest excitement of work today, for example, derives from the fact that I've not brought lunch in and will therefore have to choose where I go when dinner time rolls around. Woo, and indeed, hoo!  So will it be a trip to Subway, or McDonalds, or Morrisons or Baguettes?  Decisions, decisions.  It's like a bad episode of Alberto and his Amazing Animal band (you simply must remember that?  It used to be in the middle of Bod?  No?  Shame on you): the elephants think I'm going to baguettes, the lions think I'm off to Subway.

Anyway..
I'm ranting..
I do apologise..
It's frightfully inappropriate of me, and ever so slightly rude. 
Pull yourself together.  Stiff upper lip, and all that.  Worse things happen at sea.  Best foot forward.  Up the promotion ladder lickity split.  Pack all your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, boy, smile (do you remember that episode of "Sapphire and Steel" where they were trapped in a railway station and someone kept on whistling that?  Was well spooky).

I'm going now.. even I cannot follow that.. Err.. laters, yeah?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is like a Baz post of old. Dude just remember you could be back working with us and suffering abuse from my camera...

7:52 am  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

Well you could come and work with us if you like, I think we're recruiting..

And you can bring your camera..

CV to the usual addy..

8:26 am  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

The word verification issue is more a shocking indictment of how I randomly check cool sounding check boxes on blogger settings more than how lazy people are, I fear, but your point is well made and will be taken on board.

PJ is his own mobile dark side..

7:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home