Wednesday, January 12

Hmph

Words fail me this morning I'm afraid..
I hit the hip flask (and it is a hip flask, it can tell you who's at what position in the singles and albums charts and offer fashion tips for the Spring) pretty heavily during the match last night and whilst I don't exactly have a hangover I feel a bit slow and shaky. This could, of course, be attributable to the onset of dementia (I am getting old this weekend after all), but I'm trying to remain optimistic and think of it of a sign of alcohol abuse..

At least the news that Fernando Morientes might be on the pitch for us on Saturday has raised my spirits a bit. It's been stupidly evident in recent matches that we need a decent striker who can find the back of the net, we're creating the chances, just not converting them into goals. The arrival of Morientes is gonna bugger up the Rafa Benitez song (sung to the melody of "La Bamba") though - where can we fit his name in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home