Thursday, December 9

Glad to be a supporter..

There are some days, some matches I should say, that just make you so fucking glad (proud?) that you are a football supporter.
You making the effort to get off your arse and go to the ground, pay for that ticket and shout/sing your fucking head off for 90 minutes (and not just sit at home in front of Sky Sports and regurgitate whatever the pundits in the studio said like Gospel the next day in work) is rewarded and all made worthwhile in a single match. And you walk away from the ground (still singing, with hundreds, if not thousands, all about you doing exactly the same) feeling like you're on fucking cloud nine. Tonight was one of those matches.
One nil down at half time - who the fuck would have guessed we had three goals in the team, let alone the ability to score three in only 45 minutes.. but Pongolle (within 2 mins), Mellor (with his first fucking touch of the ball by my reckoning) and Gerrard silenced the fuckers who thought we'd go out of the Champions League tonight.
My throat hurts, I sound like I've been gargling razor blades when I talk and I'm totally and utterly exhausted, but, jesus, I am one fucking happy fan tonight.. Bring on Real Madrid, we'll have 'em..

..after we've polished off that shower of shite from across Stanley Park on Saturday that is.. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home