Monday, November 15

Weird

Life is good, I don't get it..
Don't get me wrong, I'm still half expecting something to come along and kick me squarely in the knackers (metaphorically speaking) but that's the eternal pessimist in me I guess.. but right here, right now things are pretty groovy and it'd odd..
Very odd..
I'm not used to getting any breaks...

..speaking of breaks, have been sent on a Prince2 course this week. Prince2, for those who are blissfully unaware (and ignorance of this shit is bliss, believe me) is a methodology for running a project.. Despite the fact that something tells me that having this on the ole CV cannot hurt (apparently most Project Manager roles advertised these days look for at least a Prince2 foundation qualification, not that I'm yet ready to sell out completely and get a managerial role, perish the thought, I still actually like working for a living as opposed to delegating and having meetings for a living!), I still cannot get away that - in terms of Software Development - it's still just, well, shite..

However the course is being held in a Hotel and the catering is fabulous.
No, seriously..
Get this..
At 9 a.m we get bacon ciabattas (or egg ciabattas if you're a freakish vegetarian)
For mid morning break there are a selection of the finest Dabish pastries
For lunch we get a main course (from a selection of about five meals, today I chose the Scampi as tempting as the Monk fish and the Steak Panini sounded) and a dessert (Chocolate Fudge cake - fabulous!)
Finally, for mid-afternoon break, there are a selection of cakes..

The course may be bobbins but the food is great - wonder what's on the menu tomorrow..?
This is indeed the life! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home