Tuesday, October 26

Absent Without Official Leave

Have been neglecting my blog recently.. when I finally browsed to the page today, it had forgotten my username and password which meant I had to log in (pain in the arse.. those Remember Me? check boxes are full of seventeen types of sloppy shit), when I finally got in, it looked at me like an abandoned kitten*, eye's all glazed with a hint of betrayal and issues of abandonment. But I tickled it under the chin, and behind the ears then wrote a few sentences and now it's happier than a pig in the aforementioned 17 types of check-box shit.

So yeah, it's been a few days, this is mainly because I have either been
a) drunk
b) busy
c) busily drunk
d) drunkenly busy
e) All of the above

Can you spot a theme here?

Anyway am back with nothing much to say except that I am a bit saddened by the fact that it appears that John Peel has died. Radio 1 will never have another show quite like his, an eclectic mix of music where every envelope was pushed and all tastes were catered for. It wasn't always an easy listen, but there were some real gems played on Peel's show, the likes of which will probably never be heard on radio again (particularly as most of the music industry now is all about audience percentages, demographics and how many 8 - 14 year olds are buying the new Britney single). A unique voice has definitely been lost.


* - Not, I hasten to add, that I really know what an abandoned kitten really looks like as my cats are remarkably well looked after, and will often sponaneously burst into song, so good is their life (they're performing a two-part harmony as I type and it really is quite moving)

1 Comments:

Blogger SilentBazz said...

No that rule only applies to people who have Barry as their surname..

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home