Friday, November 19

Indians v Chiefs

It does strike me at times that to be a manager must be a thankless task..
I look at the management at the places I've worked and they always seem to be involved in endless meetings, discussions, and staring at Microsoft Excel for what seems like an eternity. Where's the sense of achievement? Where's the standing back and admiring a job well done when you actually produce fuck all. They'll all tell you that they "motivate" staff and "co-ordinate effort" but that's all a bunch of bollocks and we all know it (tis like the Emperor's New Clothes with an Organisational Structure). They produce nothing and add no (real) value - unless you really need a very pretty looking Organisational Structure.
I worry about this as there is a definite glass ceiling (in monetary terms) that you hit when you actually produce "real work" i.e. - an end product, and to realistically move into the next salary bracket I'd have to sell out and become sort sort of corporate whore who attends meetings, has an over-inflated feeling of self and goes home to an empty feeling when the realisation that I'd done nothing except sat on my ass and forced my opinion on people finally kicked in. It's not an increase in salary it's compensation for the company taking a normal human being and turning them into a cunt.
Best avoided if you ask me.


Oh and I have no idea where this random thought came from, I think it may have something to do with the PRINCE2 course I did this week and thinking about the sort of roles that opened up

I fucking think not..
Give me poverty and a sense of achievement any day of the week..
(Can anyone lend me a fiver, by the way?) ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home