Monday, February 26

A grand night out

Nine Inch Nails last night were awesome.

It was the fourth time I'd seen them live, but I can honestly say it was one of the best setlists I've been treated to. It was proper "old school", Nine Inch Nails, with the majority of the tracks coming from "The Downward Spiral", "Pretty Hate Machine" and the "Broken" E.P.
My head's still a bit battered so I cannot recall every track, and the exact order but Trent opened with "Mr. Self Destruct" (yay!), and then ripped through (amongst others) "Last", "Sin",
"March Of The Pigs", "Only", "Terrible Lie", "Gave Up", "Closer" (with "Down In It" in the middle), "Help Me I Am In Hell", "Burn", "Eraser", "Ruiner", "Something I Can Never Have", "No You Don't", "The Day The Whole World Went Away", before finishing with "Hurt", "The Hand That Feeds", "Head Like A Hole"..

We did wonder if a tribute act had been sent onstage at first, as for the first fifteen minutes you really couldn't see the band at all due to the amount of dry ice that had been pumped into the venue.

Ladytron were also very, very good - glad they're getting the sort of exposure that a NIN tour should generate.

In short, very pleased, and half tempted to see them again tonight..

Hmm..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home