Wednesday, August 2

That's what the "off" button is for, dumbass!

I applaud the BBC for not caving into petty complaints about quite possibly it's best BBC2 offering, "Top Gear". According to this news report, the Beeb have stated that despite receiving 500 complaints in the last series (surely 495 were about Clarkson's dodgy barnet anyway?), that viewers "should be "familiar enough" with Top Gear's tone to be able to cope with the jibes".

In other words, if something offends you, do the sensible thing and fuck off elsewhere rather than whinge about it.. Even those who are too fucking thick to not even have Freeview, still have at least 3.5 channels to choose from.

They did admit there had been "a real potential to offend" when presenter Jeremy Clarkson used a Nazi salute back in November, but said most viewers would have known Clarkson often used "the most exaggerated stereotypes to support or defend his opinions".

A BBC spokeswoman said there had also been "a number of calls" about a report on caravans broadcast on 16 July from "viewers who were taking issue with various aspects" of the feature.

But everyone knows people with caravans are dozy selfish cunts who clog up the roads every summer and public holiday anway. So fuck what they think.

Well done BBC, I will pay my licence fee this year!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand Top Gear myself, I think it's puerile, environmentally irresponsible nonsense and a prime example of what is wrong with this country. That's why I choose not to watch it. Doesn't mean I think you shouldn't have the right to watch it if you wish. I like to think I'm paying my Licence fee directly to Jeremy Paxman, Jeremy Vine and the BBC website team. The rest of the BBC doesn't do much for me anymore I'm afraid.

8:53 pm  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

Thanks for respecting my right to watch it.

In a similar manner, allow me to respect your right not to watch it.

Isn't it great how we can all get along?

Who wants a hug?
Come on
Who wants one?

7:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No hug thanks very much- You've got wandering hands!!

8:20 am  
Blogger SilentBazz said...

Coming from the person who normally makes up at least half of a "groinal wall of death", I may be forced to take offence at such a slur on my impeccable character!!!

11:32 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home