Friday, August 11

Puerile? Probably, but it is still quite funny.

Now some people may be able to resist an unattended PC that has not been locked (as per instructions in our security guidelines), but evidently somebody in this department cannot. Thank god.

Sat there, quietly working away (no, honest I was), it was a slow afternoon and I was working on a fairly uninspiring bug fix. Suddenly I get an email which has been distributed to the entire IT Development mailing list (including managers) from another developer (who, in order to protect his identity, shall remain nameless) with a subject header that simply reads: Goats.

I double-click the email in my InBox. It reads:
"I bum goats. I have pictures".

Now I know he never sent it, but it's still funny. I probably shouldn't find it funny, I should probably regard it a puerile nonesense, tut, roll my eyes and delete it. But it is funny.. The sniggers go round the office..

It's even funnier when the individual comes back to his machine thirty seconds later, not knowing why people are shouting phrases like "pervert", "sicko" and (the slightly less-subtle) "goat fucker" at him and he completely and utterly fails to see the funny side. Indeed, for a good five minutes he has a total sense of humour failure about the whole issue.

It's particularly funny when thirty seconds after that someone pops up with the response:
"Do remember to take precautions. False glasses and moustache should do it".

Needless to say, I think he will lock his machine before leaving his desk in the future..

Anyway, must stop bleating on, later..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home