Friday, July 14

Scorchio (part II)

Well it's promising to be a lovely weekend (which is good, hoping to get to Blackpool at some point over the weekend so a Sunny day would be most welcome), and then all next week it's just going to get hotter and hotter..

Now if I was on holiday I'd be turning cartwheels I'm sure, but the fact of the matter is that I work in an office that has slightly more windows than your average greenhouse and fuck all air-conditioning.  Honest to Christ, we could cultivate crops of Bananas and Orchids in here.  I am tempted to book the holiday now, I can tell you.

I know you may feel that I'm exaggerating just how bad it is, but we have thermometers in the office and when I walk in of a morning (about five to eight) it tends to already be 29 degrees Celsius.  This is mainly because we're not allowed to keep a single window open overnight (for security reasons, apparently), and due to the amount of computers in here which have to be left on overnight so Anti-Virus updates can occur, it's like somebody has set the office to Gas Mark 9. 

Usually by (quickly) opening a few windows (at least they do open, I guess) and sticking fans in each so that cool air is blown in, we can usually get the temperature down to about 23 after twenty minutes or so.  But in the afternoon, when the sun moves round, it does have a tendency to hit 30-32 degrees.  Nice if you're in a beer garden, shite if you're in an office.  I'm tired enough as it is without having to work in a furnace as well! 

And "they" say we don't need air-conditioning here as it "only tends to be hot three days a year".  Global bloody warming mate, global bloody warming. 

(sigh)

Okay, rant over..


..for now..

However, I'd imagine posts around here may be a little grumpier next week, and for that I apologise in advance, but you have been warned.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home