Monday, July 24

Little Voice

The summer is here, hours of sunshine, temperatures soar, records are broken, roads melt and I get some mad summer cold.

No, really, my throat is as sore as very sore thing and I have acquired a cough, sneezes and.. most embarrassingly.. I lost my voice over the weekend.

I cannot remember the last time I properly lost my voice.. and I'm not just talking about being a bit croaky, I mean literally trying to speak and having nothing but a whisper of air escaping your mouth. I'm sure I lost my voice a couple of times when I was a kid (or was that puberty? I cannot remember), but since at least going to Uni, I've never had my vocal chords produce nothing at all I'm sure.

Anyway, losing one's voice would be embarrassing enough without adding to the fact that it finally gave out in the queue for food at Crewe Alexander's ground during half time at the Crewe v Liverpool pre-season friendly on Saturday. Now before you ask, I hadn't been shouting all the way the first half, partly because my throat was already soar, but mostly because pre-season matches just aren't that all exciting.

Now if I had been stood in the queue on my own when my voice gave out I would have most likely saved myself from looking like a cock, and just headed back to my seat to watch the second half. But I was with Dan, and he was hungry (and he was as well they had these Meat & Potato pies on sale for £2.10 that were as big as his head, but he polished it off in no time at all..), so I had to remain there and get him some grub. So there I was, when we eventually got to the front of the slowest moving queue I have ever stood in, harshly whispering (to the amusement of all the staff behind the counter) that I'd like "A meat and potato pie, please". I felt a complete idiot, I can tell thee..

Still a bit raspy today, but am on the mend (pity, with the weather set to improve this week, could do with a couple of days "sick")

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home