Monday, July 17

I still reserve the right to be sceptical..

I remain sceptical about the signing of Craig Bellamy, but stories like this one, give me hope that we might have done the right thing:

"Craig Bellamy turned down an extra £4million in potential wages when he agreed to his dream move to Liverpool from Blackburn Rovers.
The Welsh hitman - who scored on his Liverpool debut yesterday - is still pinching himself following his summer transfer and he's so happy to be at Anfield that he's pledging to see out his career as a Red.
Talking about the move, Craig said: "If any other club but Liverpool had come in for me maybe I would have fancied myself to stay at Blackburn because I was very happy there.
"The contract they offered me was a really good one, and I am on less than what I would have earned at Blackburn.
"Money wasn't the issue in me coming to Anfield, for me my dreams are worth much more than money.
"I have come here to win trophies - that has always been the expectation at Liverpool and that is what drives me as well.
"I want to win titles and Cups and I believe I have a great chance to do that at Liverpool.
"I have always been happy to play anywhere. I played 36 times for Wales under Mark Hughes and 23 of them were on the wing so that is my Welsh career really.
"I have never ever had a problem playing wide. I played wide with the youth team, and in my first year in professional football under Mike Walker at Norwich I was a central midfielder.
"People only hear what they want to so I got labelled with that, but I never had a problem playing there.
"Whether I do a good enough job there is another thing. I can do a job, I know I can, but ask me to do it week-in, week-out, and I know I am not good enough.
"I'm not here thinking I will walk into the team. I'll have to work hard and meet the standards set by players like Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.
"I want to see the rest of my career out here before returning home to Cardiff City. That would be perfect for me."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home