Thursday, April 20

Old websites I'd forgotten

Last night whilst browsing old bank statements (more about that later), I came across a few URL's for online stores that I'd not seen a long time..
This was going back to the late nineties, you understand, so I was quite pleased this morning when I found that some of the sites were still there.
Of all of them, by far my favourite was SecondSpin.Com.
This is a great little site that buys and sells second hand CDs (and now, I notice DVDs too) and is great for getting your music cheap. They also check the quality of everything they sell and it is delivered to you in very decent nick indeed, for very little cash. Fabulous.
Another site that used to get a fair whack of my cash, was Reel.com, which back in the days before playusa used to be one of the few sources of region 1 DVDs that would ship (at a reasonable price) to the UK. Now they don't seem to sell DVDs at all (passing you through to Amazon.com if you want to purchase anything) - how things change, eh?
Another casualty falling into the "things moving on" category is Blackstar. Now there was a time when I used to order practically everything from this store, CD's, books, DVDs.. But now they've either been bought out or rebranded..
Amazing how in this relatively new market of buying goods online, there's already room for nostalgia, innit?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home