Wednesday, March 29

Smeg

This morning the post man delivered another parcel from Amazon. 
Now before anyone accuses me of wreckless expenditure in what is already proving to be a costly month (what with Car Tax, Car Service, Car M.O.T, New Bathroom, etc, etc), I should point out that this delivery represented the last of my Amazon vouchers I got for my birthday (which were a spiffing idea seeing as there was nothing I wanted in the shops in January).

So, anyway, Amazon have sent me the final series of Red Dwarf (a.k.a "Red Dwarf VIII") -hurrah!  Of course, the BBC were damn sneaky when they decided to sell the Red Dwarf series on DVD, as they knew that no-one would really want all 8 series (as, to be honest, the show peaked about series 5 and was in a steady decline from that point on, reaching a free-fall by the end of series seven). 

So in order to encourage you to buy all 8 (apart from the fact that this series comes on 3 discs and the extras alone run to 350 minutes (two hours longer than the shows)!), they decided to put the Red Dwarf logo all the way down the spine of all 8 DVD boxes.. So without all 8 series you couldn't complete the logo, and therefore your DVD collection would just look pants when it was sat on your shelf (or so an anally retentive completist freak would have you believe anyway).

Actually, I cannot remember anything beyond the first episode of this series (specifically the scene where StarBug flies up a giant rat's arse).  Now whether this is because I never saw them or because my mind has deleted them from my brain to erase a painfully bad memory, I'm not sure.. So, at present, I don't know whether the show went out with a bang or a whimper.. But I guess I'll find out at some point this week.

If nothing else, one of the extras is an episode of the BBC's excellent "Comedy Connections" series.  "Comedy Connections", if you've not seen it, traces where all the cast and writers of a particular show did before and after the programme they are covering, and is usually very entertaining (and I don't think I've seen the Red Dwarf episode either) - so that's a plus anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home