Monday, March 27

Potty Mouth

Well, got to the bottom of my eBay-listing-not-showing-up-in-the-search problem, as ebay finally sent me an email. Unfortunately the response was too late for me to make any changes, as the auction had already finished (D'oh!), but at least I now know what to do to make my re-listed item searchable. So, wanna know what the reason was? Allow Mr Ebay to talk you through it:

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support. I understand your
concern as your items are not appearing in the search results after
searching for it in the current listings.

I have looked at your item description and can see that it contains one
or more questionable words. Our system will not index items for search
that have inappropriate language in them. These words in your auction
prevent this indexing. Unfortunately, this problem comes up occasionally
with albums and CDs.

As for e.g. you can take note in the item description of item number
4855565724 "Welcome To Mexico . . . Asshole (CDDVN3)".

To fix this, you will have to remove the words or accept that the item
won't be searchable. Using asterisks or other symbols and characters to
disguise the word will not work. The system will recognise the attempt,
and if the symbols are in the title, they will break the indexing
attempt anyway."
"

So because the name of one of the Pigface albums was "Welcome To Mexico..Asshole" you could not search for it on eBay. D'oh! Fortunately I have now censored my listing so people can now search for it - and as a result to there are already possible bidders "watching" the auction.

It is interesting though that eBay had no such problems allowing people to search for my "Revolting Cocks" CDs.. So an asshole is worse than a cock, eh?

Anyway, have a new batch of auctions on there this week (as I spent the proceeds of last weeks auctions at the LFC shop before the derby on Saturday), so hopefully a few more pennies will be going in the "Baby K" fund this week!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home