Monday, December 19

'Twas the week before Christmas

And I'm still in work.. others have started to take their Christmas holidays and there are no impending deadlines in the offing and so I'm facing a tedious week to say the least.

It's a while since I flexed the ol' Blog muscles, so much so it's hard to know where to start..

Because I was slightly unimpressed with the telly offerings last night, I ended up taking the "Test the Nation" interactive quiz on BBC1 last night. Most of the evening (in-between the annoying links from Ann Robinson (who must be onto her third face lift by now - one more and she qualifies for a free pubic goatee) and Philip Schofield - the less talented and charismatic one from the Broom cupboard on CBBC who can no longer hold onto the coat-tails of Gordon the Gopher) was spent realising just how much of this year has passed in a blur. No wonder I've not blogged recently, the year's seemingly been on fast forward since the bells rang in 2005. Anyway thanks to the red button on the remote and some inspired guessing managed to amass a score of 50 out of 70 which, when I compared my results, meant I didn't do too badly at all.

But now I have the slow wind-down to Christmas to endure.. wishing that I could start on that pile of booze and mince pies we've bought in preparation.. Roll on Friday and the beginning of a hazy week, no doubt, where I will probably spend most of the week in state of midly drunk (which is brilliant).. Oddly I have actualy managed to find a couple of programs in the Radio Times that I actually want to see over the festive period (beyond the depressing EastEnders episodes and the exciting prospect of the Doctor Who Christmas special) and these have been dutifully added to the Sky+ planer, but on the whole Xmas telly is a very frustrating affair this year. And I can remember kids, when the Christmas editions of the Radio Times and the TV Times (as you had to buy both back then and the idea of a E.P.G would seem like science ficton) used to bring wonder and awe into the house as you looked forward to two weeks of quality viewing. Those days, sadly have passed, and now I can see the telly box beig off more than it is on..
But it's not all bad, have the fun of Scalextrix at 7:00am on Christmas morning to look forward to and, of course, the traditional Xmas dinner - one thing that never fails to disappoint no matter how old and cynical I become.

So bring on the tatty Xmas Specials, Slade singing "So here it is Merry Christmas" and yet another pair of unwanted socks because it's gonna be another fabby yuletide..

Merry Xmas you bollocks, and a happy fucking 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home