Sunday, April 17

God Bess The Internet (part II)

..Sure I've used that post heading before (hence the part II).
As you'll know I've been lamenting the fact that Nine Inch Nails' new album, With Teeth, doesn't come out until May. It's just not fair, I thought, that I should hear so many of the album's new tracks when I saw the band at the end of March and yet have to wait almost six weeks to get my grubby hands on the actual album itself..
Thankfully "With Teeth" leaked onto the internet over the weekend.. so whilst I still have my order with amazon ready to ship when it is finally officially released (Amazon have it at £8.99, by the way in case you were considering buying it from the HMV link above), I can listen to the version I downloaded from Torrentspy right now!
It is an excellent album, more of a belated follow-up to Pretty Hate Machine and Broken as opposed to following The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. Current fave tracks (for me anyway) are "With Teeth", "Getting Smaller" and, of course, the single: "The Hand That Feeds".
Speaking of the single, it's out tomorrow on three formats CD, DVD and 9" vinyl all priced at £2.99 a pop. So if you fancy seeing NIN on Top of the Pops (and after their recent appearance on cd:uk, why not?) nip out and buy a copy (or a copy for you and one for a friend). Alternatively you can get the single on all three formats for £6 from HMV. Bargain!
Sorry if this blog has been a bit NIN-centric recently, there really are other things going on in the world, just a bit overwhelmed at the fact that a) Trent's finally got off his arse (and off the drugs/alcohol) and released and album and b) it's a great record too!!
Will promise to find something else to talk about next time..
For example I have read the second edition of Kent Beck's "Extreme Programming Explained" over the weekend. It's depressing how great this book is and how much sense it makes and how annoyed it makes me that I cannot work like that. Shall be ranting about that when I get round to getting over the depression that traditional software methodologies leave me in..
There. An alternative to NIN. Happy now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home