Monday, March 21

Appy-polly-logies

Sorry, yet another hectic weekend has meant the updates have been a tad thin on the ground. Well, of course, I say thin, when I actually mean non-existent. Still exhausted to be honest, there's a mass of chores that need to be done, and all I want to do is crawl under my duvet and sleep for eighteen hours..
Ah well, bank holiday weekend this weekend, maybe I can get some sleep then, eh?
Of course the bank holiday means that as I write this I've already completed a quarter of the working week - fabulous and next week will be even shorter thanks to a quick trip to London to see the rather fabulous Nine Inch Nails. ("The Hand That Feeds" continues to grow on me, by the way ) So I get only two days in work and I get to see my favourite band love with only approximately 2000 other people. Good stuff.

I have become increasingly appalled this weekend as to how much of a hoarder I have become in the last five years. When growing up I was always having a go at my parents for the amount of "clutter" the family home had (mainly because Mum couldn't bear to see a bit of surface, be it shelf-space or mantel piece, without some sort of figurine or something on it - there were more porcelain elephants knocking round the house than there probably were real elephants roaming about on the plains, I tell thee). So upon getting my own place I originally had the resolve to not hoard stuff, to keep surfaces clean and uncluttered, to have a lot of actual space in my living space. It's only when you come to actually create more space that you realise that if you have space then you ultimately try to fill it. Honestly the amount of unnecessary books, back issues of Empire, tour programs, etc, etc, I had in my possession was truly scary. I think I have pushed the limit as to just how many bin bags of crap that the council will take away on a weekly basis recently but still there's so much more stuff knocking about - I think a trip to the tip is in order!! Unfortunately, not much of it is suitable for whacking on eBay to see if some poor schmuck will shell out his/her hard-earned for my unwanted shite, but may have to add a few auctions over the next couple of days!! So if you've money to burn, shelves to fill and a prediliction for unwanted clutter - watch that space!!

Oh and I cannot go without mentioning a certain football match that took place over the weekend. Yay! We spanked the bitter bluenoses right back across Stanley Park. Mwaaa haa ha ha ha ha haaa.. Just hope the victory didn't come at too high a price and that, with Morientes injured and Milan Baros suspended (after missing two sitters that a blind cripple could have stuck in the back of the net) it might actually come to pass that Rafa might not be joking when he says that he might have to pick himself to play upfront for our game against Bolton!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home