Friday, October 22

Unpleasantly Moist

Of course one of the disadvantages of relying quite a lot on your car are those days when your are forced to slum it with the rest of the commoners and make use of public transport. Actually, the train service isn't that bad (even though it is fecking extortion if you want to travel at peak times), but the main problem is I'm worfully unprepared for making use of the public transort when the weather is as pants as it is today.
You see when the furthest distance you have to spend outside in the elements usually is during that brief walk between the car park and the office actually owning a coat with a hood, or an umbrella never really is a priority.. I know, I know - not owning an umbrella in this country is foolishness beyond belief in itself..
But how I regretted not having such protection from the downpour of almost Biblical proportions I got caught in this morning on my way to the railway station. Arse. Not to mention that my CD walkman ran out of batteries about thirty seconds into the CD I was listening to.. These are things that just aren't a problem when you're sat behind the wheel of your own automobile, with the air con keeping the conditions pleasant and the stereo blaring.. Not surprisingly I arrived here this morning looking more like I'd swam in than arriving via train.
With any luck I'll dry out by lunchtime, just in time to get soaked again whilst out getting something for lunch..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home