Friday, November 10

Escapism

Worry not, gentle reader - this is not a continuation of yesterday's post
(Although my thoughts are still consumed with that, I'll admit)

No, I'm talking about another form of escapism. With babysitters in place, the wife and I (still.. sounds.. odd..) nipped out to the cinema last night and saw one of the best movies I've seen in a hell of a long time: Martin Scorsese's The Departed. This is Scorsese at his best, he's not done a film this good since "Goodfellas". It's got a killer cast (Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen and, unbelievably, Ray Winstone!). And is a brilliant (if violent, and very sweary) tale.. See this movie, for it is fucking awesome.

Other highlight of the night, we got the trailer (a certificate 18 trailer no less) to the new Tenacious D flick, "The Pick of Destiny", which was so genius, I had to include it below:


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home