Wednesday, October 11

Black Lodge. White Lodge.

Whilst it's not exactly a disco dancing dwarf who speaks backwards, there was certainly an air of Twin Peaks surrealism on our street last night..

Around midnight, odd noises could be heard on the street outside, and so I peeked through the curtains quite unsure as to what could possibly be making such a racket (and, yes, I'll admit to thinking "who the f*@k is making that noise at THIS time of night, on a school night no less").  When I looked out I saw three people pushing a single bed, complete with mattress down the middle of the road.  The fact that they were obviously just moving the bed (they hadn't nicked it or were trying to joy ride in it), and were just calmly strolling down the road, occasionally commenting on how to keep it pushed straight, made it seem completely bizarre..

Okay so maybe it's not a lady conversing with a log, but at that time of night it was surreal enough for me.

Now I need a damn fine cup of coffee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home