Tuesday, May 2

It's gonna be a dry month..

This is not, I repeat not, a prediction about the weather..
So before you rush out to grab your designer sunglasses, and your sun block stop and finish the entire posting eh?

No it's just that I've stopped drinking this month..
Okay, let's be a bit more specific (there are some right pedantic bastards out there, after all).  Seeing as it's well documented that you'll die of dehydration if you drink nothing at all (after about three days, I believe), I should make it clear that I have not ceased drinking altogether, I have merely ceased drinking alcohol.  I could claim this was me being concerned about my health and the long-term affects on my liver, but I'd be lying (and would I lie to you, gentle reader?)

I've quit as, as many of you regular readers will be aware, we're now on DEFCON 4 when it comes to the whole pregnancy thing.  Under 5 weeks to go, who'd have believed it?  So it is entirely possible that I could be called on, at any time of day or night, to drive to the delivery suite in a timely fashion. 

The downside of this sudden and uncharacteristic responsible side emerging in my character is that I may have to go to the F.A. Cup final and remain completely sober -this is, of course provided we get tickets tomorrow.  Anyone who points out that it's not exactly responsible shlopping off to Cardiff three weeks before the due date obviously knows nothing about football (and doesn't want to go on the "stand by" list for my ticket should I not get to use it).

So a month (well potentially five weeks) with no beer, no wine, no brandy (Gadzooks!), no whisky, nothing.. nada.. not even a cheeky alco-pop when no-one's looking.

The baby's not gonna be the only one "hitting the bottle" when it eventually makes an appearance at the beginning of June, I tell thee!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home